This year has been incredible for music and I really have enjoyed listening to everything. So, here are my top songs (listed in no particular order!) of 2011 🙂
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera. I have always really loved Maroon 5. I wouldn’t call myself a die hard fan, but I loved their album “Songs about Jane”; it’s probably in my top 5 albums of all time! The band have been pretty quiet for a while, but what a way to come back with Ms. Aguilera 🙂 The whistling has been stuck in my head for months.
- Dance With Me Tonight – Olly Murs. I love Olly! He always writes a really catchy and happy song! I saw Olly at V festival this year and have vivid memories of dancing on the field to ‘Heart Skips A Beat’, whilst waiting for someone to get me a cider. I would put that in my top songs, but this one is just much happier and sing-a-long-y.
- We Found Love – Rihanna and Calvin Harris. Having seen Rihanna at the o2 this year and having this song announced as #1 when we went was completely awesome! Good ol’ Calvin played this right at the end of his set and the place went wild! Good times!
- Lego House – Ed Sheeran. There are no words. Very clever song. Lovely and chilled melody. Catchy chorus. Happy Franno.
- Who You Are – Jessie J. Her voice is so powerful, I completely love it! Lovely meaning behind the song. And it reminds me of Misha B from X Factor, who probably should’ve won… Anyways!
- With Ur Love – Cher Lloyd and Mike Posner. As much as I hate to admit it, Cher Lloyd actually released a kinda good song this year. I wasn’t so sure about ‘Swagger Jagger’, but I think this song was completely her style. You’ll often hear me singing, “Dum, du-du-dum dum, du-du-dum” around my house…
- Lights On – Katy B and Ms Dynamite. This song completely reminds me of driving back and forth from work when I had just started… That sounds weird… But it must’ve just been released. Partying 🙂
- Someone Like You – Adele. Heartbreaking. Faultless vocals and her Brits performance is one to beat!
- L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. – Noah and the Whale. Cheery!
- Mr. Saxobeat – Alexandra Stan. Dancey!
You may have noticed that all of these songs, except Adele, was a really cheery 🙂 Hooray for a really cheery year! Hopefully there’ll be more good music next year! I want to go to a lot more gigs/concerts next year, but I don’t know who’s going to be about.
What were your favourite songs for this year? 🙂