I can’t remember if I have mentioned this a small age ago, but we’ve decided to convert our garage into a home gym. Number one, we never use it. Number two, eventually a home gym will save us money on gym memberships and the like. Number three, I need equipment around me to start taking exercise seriously, without jumping into a car and losing motivation on the journey.
How hard is it to find bloody gym equipment though? I have been googling and ebaying for the last two days, trying to make sense of it all, but am getting no where. I’m even thinking about hiring the gym equipment, so at least if we break it, someone else will fix it. There are just so many options and a bazillion brands to choose from! I didn’t know there was so much money to be made in exercise equipment. I want it to be good quality equipment too, so if I wanted to use it everyday (you can stop laughing at me now…), I can trust that it wouldn’t break. From looking at the prices of the supposed non-breakables, I think it’s more than likely I’m going to have to save up for the rest of the year at least for one item of equipment!
What I need in my gym is this:
- A treadmill. I might not be running at the moment, but Jay is and I will be soon. Even if I start at home and work my way out onto the streets around where I live, I know this is the ultimate way of losing weight. I just can’t at the moment, because I’m too self conscious.
- A cross trainer. I love cross trainers. I could cross train for hours and hours on end.
- A stationary bike. I hate cycling in public.
- A rowing machine. Probably not a necessity at the mo, but I enjoy these too.
- Probably some weights, but I have no idea what I’m looking for in this respect.
I just need to speak to someone who’s not trying to sell me something to figure out what exactly it is that I need. So I asked my friend, Imran, what his criteria was when he bought his fitness stuff. He’s bought a cross trainer before, and when I asked him, he told me I could buy his! He spent £120 for his one, and price was more of a factor for his purchase. I’m kind of looking for something that’s more worth the money, I guess.
So Immy helped me to look at websites to get all my equipment and I’m a little bit closer to finding what I really want. I really think this’ll be a work in progress though. For quite some time.
Have you ever bought any gym equipment? Where did you start looking and what were your factors for what you were looking for?