I hope you guys have all had a very Merry Christmas holiday time but it’s now time to look into the future at next year. Hasn’t this year absolutely flown by? I think it’s because we did an awful lot in the UK with the Queen’s Jubilee and The Olympics, and had more bank holidays and stuff; it just feels like it’s flown.
I am one for making New Year’s Resolutions and I try my best to stick to them, although generally I get to about April time when my birthday comes around and all resolutions are generally forgotten! But I go ahead with good intentions, so here’s what I’ve got planned for 2013.
- LOSE WEIGHT. HOW IS THIS STILL ON THE LIST?! I still have about 2 stone to lose; this year was going to be the year and it so looked that way, but I ended up indulging far too much. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I’ll share with you soon, but I’m hoping that the majority of this two stone will budge (and stay budged) by March/April time. I bloody hope so anyway.
- STOP SPENDING SO MUCH. This year, with my blog becoming more beauty-themed and my general lack of willpower, my spending has gone right out the window. Not only that, I keep forgetting I’m on a part-time wage, so keep thinking I can get away with it but I can’t. I’m hoping, with my Dryathlon during the first four months of ’13, I’m going to be saving some sort of money from no booze and I just have to be smarter and stop buying donuts on The Simpsons Tapped Out game…
- SAY ‘YES’ MORE. I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve become a bit of a hermit this year due to not being bothered to do stuff, and perhaps my frame of mind has been a little negative this year. I’m hoping this’ll all change with my New Year’s wish to say ‘yes’ to more stuff. I’m want to actually get a bit of a YouTube channel going alongside of my blog so I’ll have to learn to say ‘yes’ to any requests that you guys might have!
- BLOG MORE. And with that, I need to blog more. I love my blog (and I hope you do too!) and I want to do more of it as it’s something I love doing. So if you have any requests about that, let me know.
- GET BACK INTO TWITTER. These are all blog-related resolutions, but I want to get back into Twitter. I seem to have fallen out of love with Twitter and I have no idea why… So I want to rectify that.
- GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH OLD FRIENDS. Speaks for itself really. When you look back after being at uni and school for all that time, you realise how little you have stayed in touch with people. I want to get back in touch with those who I used to spend most of my schooling-week with. And I’ve already organised two coffee meets with two different friends next weekend!
And, honestly, I think that’s about it. 2012 was a bit of a weird one for me; I started my bereavement counseling at the bottom end of this year, as I wasn’t really coping with grieving for my Dad and I decided to go part time with my job to help ease the strain of my brains. There have been tonnes of good/drunken times as well as bad times, but I’m truly hoping for an even better 2013!
So here’s to a happy 2013! Happy New Year 🙂